HybridZ

Wiring harness install cost

daddydonuts

I plan on buying a ez wiring harness for my 73 240Z. I'm looking at the 21 circuit, how much could I expect to pay for an install. I'm running SUs in a L28 with pertonix ignition and 3 ohm coil. ZX alternator and starter upgrade as well, the rest of the wiring is unmolested. Nothing fancy, just a solid install

It's completely dependent upon your area/situation. I wouldn't trust someone I don't know to install wiring for me, and if you're asking us for prices (instead of the person you know) it doesn't sound like having someone else install it is the way to go. I've seen a few car audio shops try 'simple automotive wiring' like that, but I don't think I'd own any of those cars without rewiring them myself.

The idea behind the ez wiring harness is that it makes diy wiring a lot easier - If you're going to take it to a shop, just let the shop use whatever they have the best tools for (it could be GM weatherpack, or mil-spec, or whatever they specialize in).

I'm intentionally not answering this question directly, and I'm sorry for that but I really think you need to revisit how you want to reach the solution to this problem.

Edited by Jesse OBrien

I had my entire engine bay harness redone with new materials and fuses instead of fusible links including some work on the interior harness, cost me £870 (about $1400) including materials and vat, not cheap at all ,but there was a lot of hours put in

I have worked in  the auto repair business for years as a tech.The problem with older cars and specialized work is that there is no  accurate way to estimate this kind of work.Most shops use time standards for each repair published by Motor or Mitchell.There are no time standards for restoration work.Any shop owner/manager would be guessing at the labor time at the start of the job.You either have to be very well off to hire a restoration shop or do the work yourself.