HybridZ

Anyone with a parts car?

Shadowen925

Not sure if this is the correct section for this, but I was wondering if anyone had a parts car that they were cutting sections off of. I'm trying to find some sections to replace rusted parts in my car. My email is my username here @gmail if you'd prefer to email me.

If this is the wrong section, Mods could you move it?

Thanks,

Ben

what are you looking for, unfortunately almost all zs rusted out in the same areas. so it may be difficult to find the panels you need in significantly better condition than the ones on your car. There are companies that supply a limited number of new sheet metal parts for our cars. Tabco is the company name i think. Good luck

Here's the damage. I've already got floor pans and there's a few more places that have flat sections that I think I can get away with just cutting sheet metal. 

On the passenger side, I need the corners circled in red. Both in front and rear of the door. I also need that round section circled in red cut to the bumper hole is fine. 
On the driver side, I need a mirror of the front and rear of the door circled in red.
In the front of the car. I need the core support circled in red
In the rear of the car I need the Deck lid support circled in red.
I also need an entire Deck lid without and rust through holes. Don't need the glass or hinges just the lid itself.

I've never actually done this, so If anyone has advice on what or how to go about this. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Ben

post-41185-0-52200100-1397100428_thumb.jpg

post-41185-0-78080900-1397100432_thumb.jpg

post-41185-0-82121600-1397100436_thumb.jpg

post-41185-0-47002400-1397100441_thumb.jpg

post-41185-0-35443100-1397100445_thumb.jpg

post-41185-0-13123600-1397100448_thumb.jpg

post-41185-0-31204300-1397100452_thumb.jpg

post-41185-0-41644800-1397100455_thumb.jpg

I have a 72 240z (in my profile pic) that I will sell.

It still has good quarters, rockers, roof. Also a good battery box area.

Has surface rust only where paint was stripped and car left outside for a bit. A little rot at bottom of firewall.

Sell what is left of body for $300.

I'm located in Alabama

Edited by junkyardlife

All of these parts minus the hatch are available as new patch panels. Tabco makes most of the panels and thezstore has the back section above the tail lights. I just did most of this work. When you pull the rear tail light section apart, you will have to rebuild the lower section as you can not get a replacement. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Im in iowa which isn't too far out and I have a 77 280z parts car that I would be willing to cut up or sell the chassis if you are interested. Its actually in very good condition as far as rust goes. Just pm me on what sections you would like pictures of (im not sure what all you still need) or if you want to buy the whole thing. 

Just looked at the pictures that you have above again and checked with my car outside and I have all of those parts that you need so just send me a pm if you're interested and I can get pictures and whatnot and we can work out a deal. 

edit: I should also mention I have access to a plasma cutter so I can get very good cuts for you and I am willing to cut the sections bigger than what you have circled so you have more room to play with. 

Edited by kyle319