HybridZ

cgsheen

Sakura Garage is pleased to announce the availability of the Stance USA fully adjustable coilover set for the 240Z, 260Z, 280Z. 

See our website: http://sakuragarage.com/products/datsun-suspension for order information.

- We use Stance USA Super Sport inverted struts.  (No hood clearance issues)

- Your choice of spring rates.

- Swift Springs are also available as an option

- Weld-on adapters included - with proper size and length for 240Z or 280Z strut configuration.

Our kit allows a wide ride-height adjustment range** - from stock ride height to - well - dirt-nasty-low...

We've also developed a bolt-on Camber Plate* for use with the Stance USA coilovers.

Our camber plates allow the maximum possible adjustment range in an S30 strut tower!

Included templates for drilling and cutting strut towers

Drilling template uses stock top hat holes for proper alignment every time

Cutting template assures you remove only what's needed to install camber plate

Our stainless steel top plate (vanity plate) gives every installation a professional look

Please note - this coilover kit requires:

- cutting your stock strut tubes

- welding the threaded adapters to your stock suspension

- the bolt-on camber plates require cutting some material from your strut tower

post-5024-0-45558900-1397079183_thumb.jpg

post-5024-0-26601400-1397082386_thumb.jpg

post-5024-0-45978400-1397079522_thumb.jpg

post-5024-0-97663400-1397079550_thumb.jpg

post-5024-0-47367800-1397079689_thumb.jpg

post-5024-0-66021000-1397082725_thumb.jpg

$1595 + shipping with camber plates

$1295 + shipping without camber plates

(modification must be done to stock top hat)

* The camber plate is bolt-on but still requires some cutting of the strut towers to allow for installation of the camber plate and movement of the pillow ball for camber adjustment.

** Our primary focus is to give you a high-quality upgrade with full adjustability to give you maximum suspension performance for your dollar.  But if your primary focus is low - you got it...

Edited by cgsheen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks amazing!  I was already thinking of swapping in Stance coilovers anyways.  Do you think there could be an option to have the Stance springs replaced with Swift springs?

Edit: never mind, just read your website and you can use Swift springs.  Chalk up another item to save up for haha

Edited by Perandor

Thanks for the heads-up Ryan.  What did you use to access the site?  Just looked it all over on my Desktop and couldn't spot a problem using IE.  I'll PM you.  I'd appreciate info like this in a PM rather than adding to this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm REALLY liking the design of those camber plates. So rather than use the stock 3 hole strut mount pattern, you drill a larger pattern and cut larger circle within it? Seems like a nice happy medium between GC bolt in plates and full weld in plates. If you offered them separately I would definitely be interested! Any chance of this happening?

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx

They're designed for the Stance-USA pillow block.  (they send us their "half moon" style pillow block)

IDK if they'll work with another.  I do know that the slots on the Megan pillow block have different spacing.  I'm making an assumption that other pillow blocks may also have their own slot pattern.  I can get you the dimensions of our slot spacing to see if they might work with another pillow block.  The economics of buying the Stance-USA pillow blocks seperately (as opposed to getting them as part of a complete kit) is the reason we don't sell the Camber Plates by themselves.

Thanks for the compliment!

They're designed for the Stance-USA pillow block.  (they send us their "half moon" style pillow block)

IDK if they'll work with another.  I do know that the slots on the Megan pillow block have different spacing.  I'm making an assumption that other pillow blocks may also have their own slot pattern.  I can get you the dimensions of our slot spacing to see if they might work with another pillow block.  The economics of buying the Stance-USA pillow blocks seperately (as opposed to getting them as part of a complete kit) is the reason we don't sell the Camber Plates by themselves.

Thanks for the compliment!

I could have sworn the the slot spacing was standardized for most camber plates but was having trouble backing that claim, mostly because I'm not certain on the terminology. The best info I found was actually on Megan's site; http://www.meganracing.com/tech/faqs.asp?id=135&subject=CDK:%20%20Pillow%20Ball%20Mount%20Information

For clarity I'll call the piece in question a "pillow ball mount", and I would have sworn such a thing would be easy to find on it's own, but a google search is proving otherwise. Anyways, Megan states that all but 7 applications use the same piece which has a slot spacing of 1.75". I wonder what the various S30 weld in camber plates use? I have a contact at ground control I was just speaking with earlier, he should be able to shed some light, but I imagine finding a supplier for 'universal' pillow ball mounts wouldn't be terribly difficult. 

If you don't plan to produce such a thing, would you mind if I copied your concept? I figure I could draft something up to be cut from steel or aluminum plate, or buy a set of large camber plates for another application and have them cut and drilled similar to yours. I love your idea of just drilling new holes for the mounting bolts as a template can be made that uses the stock 3 hole pattern to locate the rest, which seems more foolproof than trying to line up the weld in plates. As well, the mounting holes in the camber plate could be slotted front to back for caster adjustment if there's room for it to slide under the strut tower. 

Well...  I have an old Megan set on my Son's S13 - the slots are 60mm exactly center-to center.  The weld-on camber plates that I got from Mack McKinney with his Megan/McKinney kit are exactly 55mm center-to-center.  The Stance-USA pillow block mounts are 58mm center-to-center.  I have no experience with others so far - a "universal" spec would be nice.  (and none of the Megan blocks I have here match either dimension they post on their website... One being 2 3/16" and the other 2 3/8")

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...