HybridZ

Large 17" tires, 295 and above...... no more

So as i am getting new tires for my wife's shit box i was asking about mine that i am about to buy. They kindly informed me that there is nothing on the market above a 295 width.... there are options for 18" I am expecting at minimum 620+ whp...... I was after a set up like EvilC but that is now back to the drawing board....

Help anyone have options or opinions?

I plan to go with 275x17 in front and 315x 17 in rear. (I am at 245x16 in front and 275x17 in back currently). I use purpose built tires: hoosierR6 (track day)and A6 (autocross), the cheapest thing I can get for the street (because I drive slow on the street and like to so big smokey burnouts with the line lock on), and dragstrip tires (currently 28" Mickey Thompsons, but I may get Hoosiers next). So I don't really care about brand for street tires. I'm looking at dropping my front RBR width to 8.5 in order to get better offsets (the 9 and 9.5 s don't take advantage of the space made available by coilovers). The 275s may hang over a bit but i think they will be OK. I may even look at wider than 315s in back for autocross. I buy all my tires used that I can to help offset my guilty pleasure.

You are a miserable worm. You must die for asking a question without first knowing the answer! Hang thy head and be forever shunned. No matter what you buy, you will regret your first tire purchase.

I disagree. You will only regret it if you get something expensive. Reason being: you'll be doing burnouts and doughnuts, probably without a good alignment.  I destroyed a set of tires in just 7000 miles.... so whatever you get, just get something thats reasonably affordable - because you'll be replacing them soon! haha

I see you are in Texas, outside of a local tire franchise check with Discount tire and Discount tire direct. I have 315/35 17 and 255/40 17, Nitto NTO5. Nitto also has 555 in this size. Kuhmo also has 295/35 -17, called the XS. Not sure about the XS sizes for the front.post-869-0-38285700-1398215171_thumb.jpgpost-869-0-38285700-1398215171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dudeboy

I plan to go with 275x17 in front and 315x 17 in rear. (I am at 245x16 in front and 275x17 in back currently). I use purpose built tires: hoosierR6 (track day)and A6 (autocross), the cheapest thing I can get for the street (because I drive slow on the street and like to so big smokey burnouts with the line lock on), and dragstrip tires (currently 28" Mickey Thompsons, but I may get Hoosiers next). So I don't really care about brand for street tires. I'm looking at dropping my front RBR width to 8.5 in order to get better offsets (the 9 and 9.5 s don't take advantage of the space made available by coilovers). The 275s may hang over a bit but i think they will be OK. I may even look at wider than 315s in back for autocross. I buy all my tires used that I can to help offset my guilty pleasure.

Hi RebekahsZ, I'd like to know where you get your use Hoosier racing tires.

I am going with a full custom set of wheels.  ( maybe some cheepos at first) I would like to keep the car as balanced as possible. ( it might turn into a time attack car)

I ditched the EvilC plan as I have swapped from 4 lug to 5 lug....... I am using his wheel sizes as a starting point.