HybridZ
wfritts911

The "Ultimate" IRS Swap for S30s

texix30O can you post up the spreadsheet please.  I lost my copy some how...

Still waiting patiently for someone to start producing Will's design.  I have the Explorer diff and axles but holding off gathering other parts till I can source the custom machined parts that are crucial to making this swap work.

It would be nice to have the CAD files so I can have a friend make the parts.

J

A well thought out and made CAD drawing takes time to perfect. Given that Will was selling these, asking to buy the CAD file may be appropriate, asking to be given the file a little less so. 

If your friend can CAD go out and buy the parts and hand them over. It really isn't hard to make up the appropriate mounting faces and simple brackets if you are used to modeling, finding a shop willing to do a small prototype run affordably is going to be the challenge. 

If anyone starts fabricating the inner stub shafts let me know and i'll be your first customer.

Otherwise I will have to buy the DSS ones and have pressed-on sealing rings machined to fit the larger explorer seals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driveshaft-Shop-108-FD-I-31-8-8-Inner-CV-Mount-for-108mm-or-Porsche-930-CV-Joint/131781341331?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the cad drawings for any of this? I would love to try to make a setup like this for myself (would never sell them, way too much work involved) but making a one-off for my own car would be awesome. I'm sure I can figure it out based on pictures and what not but having a head start would be fantastic. Or does anyone have a good contact for Will?