HybridZ

About to start a NA-T build on a 2jz I bought from my buddy that came from a GS300. ($400 FTW) My main concern right now is purchasing some ARP studs and a beefy head gasket. But the thing that really keeps me up at night is the HIDEOUS wrap over GE intake manifold. WHY Toyota why?! I've always seen these custom GTE style manifolds that stay to the right instead of wrapping over the valve covers which looks so much better IMO. The main reason I'm considering this is simplifying the IC piping for a NA-T build. Using the stock manifold just makes routing it all over complicated. My biggest draw back is, being new to the JZ game, I'm unsure how to go about re-doing the fuel rail. Any help? Try to go easy on me this is the first engine I've ever bought

FreBay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2JZ-GE-FFIM-SUPRA-TURBO-SC300-IS300-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-/291093531929?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c686cd19#ht_659wt_1074

PS; I'll put some pictures of the engine in later I don't have them on my PC. Only thing the engine needs is a crank which is $35 from pull-a-part

I will be doing the same thing you are in October. That ebay intake should work fine. Ugly as the GE Intake is, from what i have gathered, the stock GE manifold and head flow better than the turbo head and manifold. You can try to make your own fuel rail, buy an aftermarket rail, or try to modify the stock rail. The main thing i would do is get your bottom end together before worrying about the fuel rail.

Are you going to run the factory ecu and wiring harness or go stand alone??...

Manual trans or Auto??...

I may go auto until i can save up for a manual. Im not feeling paying 1grand for trans pieces though.

I have always had the fever, just not all the funds. Even had the fever as a Toyota tech in the mid 90's. 

T4 turbo for me, Sell my n/a l28 turbo and trans setup, except for the Megasquirt. Use the money from my turbo setup to fund my 2j swap.

I'm pretty sure that manifold bolts to the stock piece of the manifold. The na-t manifold is a 3 piece manifold. The lower piece that you would reuse has all the ports and bolt holes for the injectors.  good luck on your  build, I'm almost at sourcing a manifold, and have been debating on making one or buying one. 

• 8 months later...

The Link you posted is the ebay copy of the FSM Manifold, This one keeps the stock lower runners therefore your Stock fuel rail will work fine, If you decided to ditch the stock rail mounted regulator just tap the port for a -6 fitting and your good to go with an external regulator. If a nice pretty fuel rail is a must contact First State Motorsports and pick up there rail kit. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maka I keep bouncing back and forth on these ideas I have. I'm about to start college soon so it's kinda messing up my drive to work on cars. I am in the process of collecting parts to get the JZ running again. Probably gonna get it running naturally aspirated first and boost it later on. No real updates until I can get some money flowing in. Books are expensive. +1 for the American education system

Ahh gotchya. In hindsight I should have gone na then turbo it later. Still collecting turbo parts as well, just too lazy to stop driving the stock L28. But thats cool schools important. Books are bs get ebooks or no books. I brought the books and maybe used 10% of all the books I purchased my whole time in school its a rip off.