HybridZ

Yoak - 240z

MG 3809

MG 3808

MG 3778

MG 3773

MG 3770

MG 3769

I had to re do a section...with the cold temperatures I had some issues with pain curing...this despite run a jet heater and having the temperature in the 80s..

Pictures Taken January 2015

Edited by Yoak

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MG 3826

MG 3821

MG 3820

MG 3816

MG 3815

MG 3814

Continued work on the rear hatch area...and some pictures of some of my first welds on the Z. I am brand new to welding so the process was interesting as I was now doing it for real.

Pictures Taken: January 2014

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliment, I try to get as much detail as I can as you never know when you need to look back on something. I can't tell you how many times I reflect on something and go wonder what I was thinking..this helps that process.

No, I did not use POR15 - I had considered it and ended up going with what I can get locally. I used a zinc based paint...which was fairly difficult to get off even with my blaster. I think do a layer of rustoluem bedliner (same as I used in wheel wells).  The liner has a fine texture to it, similar to some to some of the ripple powder coatings I have seen. This was something I picked up from my jeep days and it generally held up pretty well in those condition so it just carried over.

• 5 weeks later...

MG 4319

MG 4321

MG 4328

MG 4332

Floor Prep work continues...I have removed the seat bracket and the frame rail is going to go (being replaced anyway).

Because of the amount of rust I had to cut quite a bit of flooring out of the car The section near the drivers feat is going to be rather interesting to fix.

Pictures Taken April 2014
http://www.doitinadatsun.com/yoak/2015/05/240-floor-prep-continued/

MG 4366

MG 4364

MG 4353

MG 4361

MG 4346

MG 4350

This engine was going into the 240z project but will be going into the 280ZX as the 240 has a long ways to go before it will be on the road again.

Notice some of the interesting repairs done by a previous owner, especially the socket on the valve cover. As a result, I am going to be doing a complete rebuild on the engine which is a nice change all the body work I have been doing on the 240.

Pictures taken April 2015

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MG 4613

MG 4610

MG 4606

MG 4604

MG 4605

Pictures of what would turn out to be a bad block. Luckily I had a spare sitting around for a future build so this won't put me to far behind but I will need one for the 240Z rebuild.

Pictures taken in May.

• 2 weeks later...

Z8A0870

Z8A0877

Z8A0878

Z8A0884

Early install pictures of my new frame rails from Z Man of Washington.

My welds are going to win any words, but the tail is solid. In fact it is one of the things I wish I had left alone. I went back and tried to clean it up a bit and made it uglier (future pictures)...oh well as a rookie welder this is how you learn :)

Pictures Taken in June

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...