HybridZ

MS3 install help

tooquick260

Well the install is done.

The computer communicates to MS3 pro. I have sensors working tps, map, 02 wideband, coolant, reads 10 degrees timing during cranking with out fuel pressure and pulse width moves while cranking.

I have done the injector test and the coil/spark test. They all click/fire at the appropriate time. 

I could not get the fuel pump to work off the MS3pro negative ground so have it wired to ign on. I have fuel pressure.

While cranking car does will not start. I get a random fire, more of a misfire. 

MS3 Pro

N42 head

Stage 1 cam

240sx tps

500cc injectors

Ign 6 coil tower

AEM air/fuel wide band

83 turbo dizzy

DIY optical disc

I think that is all the info you need.

Here is a data log of an attempted start. Dont know if this helps.  

2014-04-14_09.50.00 - 260z log1.zip

What reads 10 degrees while cranking-timing light?

The gauge cluster ignition advance.

Have u checked your trigger logger to see off crank signal is consistent? Also, I'm more familiar with ms2, but does your ms3 require a cam signal? Are you firing batch injection? Sorry, I'm usually on my phone and can't look at .msq

No I have not checked trigger logger. No ms3 does not require a cam signal and I can run batch fire, semi or sequential injection.

Are you using a standard timing light or advance light. Try to get it right on 10 degrees. My trigger angle is 285 degrees, so it doesn't matter where it's at as long as it jives with your settings.

I can't open your file but make sure you are using the right spark setting. I imagine you should be set on wasted spark, not semi sequential.

well it is running...  

I am wiring my MS3 Pro right now.  Just finished with all of the sensors except the O2 sensor which I have laying in a box on the work bench right now.

I am running a crank and optical dizzy for the sequential injection and sequential LS1 coils.

I  am just now looking at where to solder the MS wiring harness to all of my custom wiring as my car had no sensors before since it was a 73 240Z.  

Looking forward to hearing how things are going...

As far as wiring I did gm weather pack connectors for most of the connections. Wires that will be wired thru a fuse or a relay I have left longer than needed or with butt and male/female connectors. Those will be redone once the car is tuned in as what I feel a good driver.

O2 sensor I used the AEM drill hole in pipe, they have a strap the goes around the hole and has the bung for the O2 sensor to screw into.

O2 sensor I used the AEM drill hole in pipe, they have a strap the goes around the hole and has the bung for the O2 sensor to screw into.

That's a good idea for those of us that can't weld or don't have access to one at the moment.

I bought a couple of prefabbed downpipes with O2 bungs already installed and chopped them up until they fit and then had an exhaust shop do the welding.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I put the cat before the horse. Car was still running on 3 cylinders. I got no where with it that week. I did recruit a guy from modern day motorsport to look at it at my house. He could not figure out why it is not firing or running on all 6. I had to leave town for 2 weeks and decided to take it to his shop. Last week he rechecked everything that I had checked. Compression, wiring, fuel and the test that the computer checks. All injectors will fire in correct order, all spark guess at correct sequence.

He is going to see how it starts and runs in starter fluid to see if it is fuel Been emailing Matt at DIY. He is stunned as well.

Edited by tooquick260