HybridZ

Check this BAT post, a super clean Z

PLATA

Yeah, it's nice, but it's overpriced. I think $15k would be fair if it's well done.

Like I mentioned in my other thread, I'm seeing a lot of cars with silly asking prices, although sales trends on Hagerty show that prices have stayed pretty flat, and have actually gone down in the past ~5 years. However, I'm not sure how accurate their price guide is, but when I was looking last year, the prices I saw fell in line with what Hagerty showed.

I really hope everything doesn't start asking outrageous prices thinking their Z is suddenly worth its weight in gold, I was hoping to get a decent driver for ~$7k this summer. Seeing what has happened to 930 turbo prices recently, I really hope the Z doesn't trend that way too... but I don't think it will.

Edited by rturbo 930

FWIW>>> break down the actual cost to have a car at the same level as the mention car above, how much for a clean no rot straight shell , a clean no rips interior, a crack free dash, a quality paint job, a complete healthy engine and transmission, a complete redone electrical system, a redone break system, a complete rot free exhaust system, a windshield with no damage, a good set of tires , a set of clean bumpers ,a  (see the point)................................................................<<<< Not for 7 or 15 today  :rolleyes:  

Edited by PLATA

But your point is meaningless.  The car sells for what it sells for, not for what the owner put into it.   In the S30 market if you get 50 cents on the dollar from the money you put into a Z you are very, very lucky.  While prices are going up, its still a big money loser to restore (I mean really restore) a S30 chassis.  Nothing has changed since Nissan lost 50% or more on every one of the 42 cars it ran through its Heritage Z program 10 years ago.

But your point is meaningless.  The car sells for what it sells for, not for what the owner put into it.   In the S30 market if you get 50 cents on the dollar from the money you put into a Z you are very, very lucky.  While prices are going up, its still a big money loser to restore (I mean really restore) a S30 chassis.  Nothing has changed since Nissan lost 50% or more on every one of the 42 cars it ran through its Heritage Z program 10 years ago.

I put a FWIW in front of my point.  True, any car is worth what ever the seller and buyer agree on. But there is a big gap in coin from a turd  and a well done car . FWIW 

FWIW>>> break down the actual cost to have a car at the same level as the mention car above, how much for a clean no rot straight shell , a clean no rips interior, a crack free dash, a quality paint job, a complete healthy engine and transmission, a complete redone electrical system, a redone break system, a complete rot free exhaust system, a windshield with no damage, a good set of tires , a set of clean bumpers ,a  (see the point)................................................................<<<< Not for 7 or 15 today  :rolleyes:

Well, for mine it was about $35k with full Katskin leather interior and an Alpine sound system. I figure I could get about $12-15k for it today so I'll be keeping it for another 22 years. :-)