HybridZ

S30 within 500mi of Kansas City

Owndapwn

Hey, I'm located in Smithville, MO (64089) and interested in an S30 Datsun (NOT the S130 and NOT the 2+2).

I am willing to drive a bit to get it, and the 500mi range can be extended if the price is right (By that I mean much less than the car is worth).

My price range is anywhere from $2500-3500 and maybe, if everything is good, a couple hundred more, so go ahead and shoot me offers up to $4k.

My main concern is the chassis being in good condition. No/little rust, no bends, etc.

Next is the engine. It needs to run and drive enough to be a daily for someone with a motorcycle to fallback on.

The paint I don't care much about. If its too ugly, I'll take Rustoleum to it.

The body work I'd like to be salvageable, but don't expect it to be perfect. If it has a quarter panel that's FUBAR, but the rest just needs some sanding and bondo, I'll take it.

For the interior, I would like to not be able to take it to a doctor's office and have a blood sample be able to tell me if the car is anemic. Cracked dash, ripped seats, worn carpet, no problem. Questionable stains or smells though..? I get that its a forty year old sports car and several people have, no doubt, gotten laid in it, but I don't want evidence, I guess. Some stains might not be a big deal. I have a buddy who owns a carpet cleaning business, and I'm sure I can rip out the carpet and toss it in the back of the van and see if they'll clean it after their next job when the machine is set up.

Long term plans for your (our?) baby would be to get the chassis restored to good rigidity, 2JZ-GTE swap (~350-400whp), new brakes / suspension, (tasteful) front lip and moulded spoiler, painted dark blue or blue-purple with a ton of metal flake, custom interior drawing some lineage from dieselpunk or steampunk themes (Wood dash, leather seats, brass trim, matching gauges, etc).

After this, if needed, I might get a custom tube chassis commissioned (Like a trophy truck or sand rail would have, not a rat rod) meant to fit a VR38DETT (By this time, they might not be so rare), and possibly the matching AWD trans if it proves to be possible for under $50k.

The car would NOT be a drift car, road racer, track queen, drag king, rally car, or made into a ricer.

Will I occasionally go to a car meet where everyone is driving responsibly and obeying all traffic laws, officer? Probably. Main use of the 400whp 2JZ will be fuel efficiency though.

I've been riding motorcycles since I was in first grade, so I have no doubt I'll figure stick out in no time, and I certainly won't grind anything. Stall it in first? Definitely.

I know a guy down here in Rogers, AR that has a Z for sale.  It's a 280 that is a V-8 already.  I'm not sure of his price but I think it would be in your price range.  PM me for his numbers, title it Ron with Z so I can find it in my phone.

• 1 month later...