HybridZ

Ms2 Install Questions/Suggestions

TonyB

I will be doing an ms2 v3 install in my 1983 280zx Turbo Coupe. Its completely stock minus 3 inch exhaust, and walbro 255 fuel pump. I have read tons on megasquirt and the 280zx specific install. I just want to make sure I have everything covered in terms of parts. 

I will be using stock ignition for now. I will upgrade the trigger wheel to the DIYautotune one. Anyway here's my list so far. 

Megasquirt II v3

Relay Board 

Relay Cable

Wiring Bundle

Pullup Resistors

IAT Sensor x1

Trigger Wheel

Anything I am missing or you suggest? 

If your putting the Megasquirt together yourself, i recommend the stim.

Look into getting a grounding block for the engine sensor wiring. Almost all nissan TPS Sensors past 1994 can be used. You may have to modify the late model tps to fit onto the z tps base. The late model tps's are larger.  

A Wideband also.

If you know anything about wiring and relays you could save money by NOT getting the relay board and cable. You could use that money to get the trigger wheel. The relays should already be there on your car, just need to have the leads changed.

I forgot to mention I am still currently looking for a 240sx throttle body in junkyards and I have a Lc-1 going into the car as well. Is there somewhere I can find info on the install using no relay board? I am working closely with a shop to get the install down and tuned, but I want the know how to help with the install and work on it myself. 

With the MS3 I only needed 2 relays wired to power the ECU and the fuel pump. You should already have both relays and you will need to tap into them. You need to study your cars wiring diagram and find where your ignition powers too.

If you really want to know how the MS works with your cars wiring , you need to beable to do this part of the wiring.

Study the megamanual