HybridZ

Where to connect the starter?

• 4 weeks later...

Starter connects to the battery. At least at one end.

I believe you're asking about how the starter solenoid is energized? MS1/2/3 could have a trigger output for that, but don't bother with that. Just figure out some way to energize the starter solenoid. Follow the skinniest wire attached to the starter solenoid. That skinny wire needs +12v (I think, right...? Or is it ground?) in order to fire up the starter solenoid. Use a momentary switch, for example your ignition switch, or some fancy aftermarket switch. The MS ECU "runs" when you turn the car on, it won't do anything until it "sees" RPM or other signals coming from an engine that's turning over.

. That skinny wire needs +12v (I think, right...? Or is it ground?) in order to fire up the starter solenoid.

Trolling three week old posts to give advice you're not sure about seems a little odd.  Post count pumper?

Battery positive runs to the post on the battery. ( not the one that has a cable running into the body of the starter). Fusible link for vehicle power goes to the same.

Starter energize runs directly from the ignition swith to the solenoid post. (Small spade connector between the 2 large posts). This will be a 12v wire and it grounds through the starter