HybridZ

Fiberglass replacement dash 70-73 in the works!!

madkaw

Have you made any progress? I look at the cracks in mine every day and get tempted to try a West Marine 610 epoxy repair. But deep down a voice keeps telling me to wait for you.

I seem to remember someone scoring a NOS dash somewhere in the last year. Was it Ebay?

• 1 month later...

So I got to see the autoclave yesterday-WOW! Looked like a small submarine-LOL

He was waiting on his compressor capable of pressurizing the capsule. He said the dashes would be made in this apparatus which would make a very clean precise part. Shawn is still very interested in doing the dash and is considering eating the mold costs and starting with or without me this winter. I told him my car was down for many months so I might consider pulling my dash to use for the mold. I told him that I would love see this happen and be able to display the results at Zcon 2015. The time frame seems very doable, but we know how these projects go. I still have a daughter to get married off in November before I can get serious about much. 

Well a member made me aware of these guys

datsunzfiberglass

You can try googling them, but they don't have what I consider their own website. It's almost frustrating to look at their products, but they do make a LOT of stuff for the Z -INCLUDING dashes.

Well a member made me aware of these guys

datsunzfiberglass

You can try googling them, but they don't have what I consider their own website. It's almost frustrating to look at their products, but they do make a LOT of stuff for the Z -INCLUDING dashes.

The products and prices look good, but the use of a free website by a "real" business raises a,few questions.

Dennis

The talents that make you successful in a technical area are not the same skills necessary to run a successful business. .... And certainly not the same skills necessary to design a website.

For a marketing start-up, I've seen much worse websites.

I wish him success. We can all use another Z resource.

Edited by djwarner