HybridZ

Edelbrock Estreet EFI Review

jnewby

I purchased the returnless kit, which is no longer offered. I installed the system, which was pretty easily. The car would not start, after calling tech support through Edelbrock and buying a ignition box, because a stock HEI modual doesn't emit a strong enough signal that the ECU could pick up. It would have been nice if that was mentioned in their instructions, as I did read them completely before installing. The system finaly seemed to work, after driving the car for a couple of weeks I started having problems with the electric fan outputs causing my relay to click on and off at a annoying rate (every second or two). I checked all wiring and tried differn't relays, to no avail. The tech support always took my information telling me that the problem was weird, and they would have their engineers call me back on two seprate occasions, but they never did. The other problem I had was fuel pressure fluctuations while I would drive it, errors would constantly pop up (FUEL PSI HI) (Fuel PSI LOW). Tech support offered to sell me another fuel system which is really ludicrous, considering I paid a lot of money for a system that they discontinued (returnless). When the system was working throttle response was awsome, along with power, but this system obviously has many issues, fuel economy was adversly effected. The included tablet is very cheap looking and seems to be from china. I wish I could return it, I guess I will call tech support again and see if they will fix these problems.

Why not work with them? It sounds like the issues have not been resolved fully.

You have to take these one by one and cover basics.

I'm curious about the HEI Tach Issue you said you have--were you running the "TACH" terminal off the HEI? And was that signal split to the ECU and the Tachometer in the car?

The Fuel Hi/Fuel Low sounds like a pulsation issue--what filter do you have in the system, and do you have an accumulator in the system.

Is there a Hysteresis setting on the Fan Relays--I had a similar problem, it was adding of an 'off delay' on the stop signal---fan came on, dropped the temp and it stopped the fan almost immediately. 

Nothing here sounds all to out of the ordinary, just nature of the beast. You just gotta work it out.

The tach issue was fixed after I installed a accel ignition. The fuel pressure issue is still going on, I purchased their returnless kit and installed to the specs in their instructions. I used both of their supplied fuel filters in the required locations. They latter told me that they stoped offering the returnless fuel system, due to issues with it. They expected me to shell out money and pay for another compatable fuel system, I think it was above 350$.  The fan issue was due to fauilty ecu drivers, the fans are supposed to turn off 15 degrees below the turn on temperture. The negitive signal would flicker on and off, rather than staying soild like it is supposed too. Yes the ecu and relay grounds were verified to be sufficent.