HybridZ

JDM spec engine

A guy I know has a bussiness in rebuilding gearboxes and engines. They imported lots of engines and gearboxes from Japan in the past and still has a L series engine.

The block/head combo are both N42 stamped and the intake manifold says "NAPS computer system" with the twin butterfly throttlebody.

What are the specs on these? Hp, torque, compression?

On the opposite side of the block from where the N42 is cast, at the back of the engine there will be a flat spot with the engine displacement (L20, L28, etc...) and engine serial number.  Its on the same side as the cast cylinder head number, just at the back of the block.  Since it is an N42 block and head, I'm going to go ahead and guess it is probably an L28, but not 100% certain as far as foreign markets go.

I've only ever seen one or two pictures of the NAPS twin butterfly progressive throttlebody.  Those never came to the US, so not many of us over here will be able to help much on that front.