HybridZ

New? Bolt-in camber top mounts on the market

"lot more" is pretty subjective, I'm going to have to disagree though. Anytime going from rubber to solid bearing on anything, yes it's going to translate more of everything.

I for one have not noticed anything in terms of noise or vibrations, but then again I'm cammed/straight-piped... 

• 1 year later...

Bumping old thread. I bought some of these but they don't have a spherical bearing. I think using these with coilovers would put a lot of torsional stress on the strut shaft. Atleast with stock it has a done movement with the rubber. Has anyone else noticed this?

Bumping old thread. I bought some of these but they don't have a spherical bearing. I think using these with coilovers would put a lot of torsional stress on the strut shaft. Atleast with stock it has a done movement with the rubber. Has anyone else noticed this?

Pretty sure mine have a spherical bearing... last I looked at them they do.  Maybe they changed the design?  I personally just got them because they were a cheap option for a pillowball mount that allowed my shock shaft to be off at an angle from my adjustable LCA's and T/C rods.  I haven't driven my car yet but they seem like they're of high enough quality to work for quite some time.  When/if mine break I'll just be replacing them with TTT bolt-ins as they weren't available when I bought my set of these.  

Curious if these can be installed and used in a "Caster" manor instead of camber.  I have fully adjustable lca and tc rods so camber is no problem. and I have some caster adjustment as well. But I want more. 

Last time I used Carrera brand camber plates and installed them front to back. Worked a charm.  But I can not seem to source them anymore.

Anyone?

Here is a pic of my last setup. 7-10 degrees of caster is easily achievable with adjustable tc rods and plates set up like this.

Why so much caster you say?  Because you can get Wild and the car will auto correct if you just let the wheel slide through your hands.

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/tony280z/media/SOLD%2075%20Datsun%20280z%20Turbo%20Custom/DSCF0107-1.jpg.html

Edited by TONY C

Curious if these can be installed and used in a "Caster" manor instead of camber. I have fully adjustable lca and tc rods so camber is no problem. and I have some caster adjustment as well. But I want more.

Last time I used Carrera brand camber plates and installed them front to back. Worked a charm. But I can not seem to source them anymore.

Anyone?

Here is a pic of my last setup. 7-10 degrees of caster is easily achievable with adjustable tc rods and plates set up like this.

Why so much caster you say? Because you can get Wild and the car will auto correct if you just let the wheel slide through your hands.

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/tony280z/media/SOLD%2075%20Datsun%20280z%20Turbo%20Custom/DSCF0107-1.jpg.html

It appears that you could install them 90 degrees out and use them to adjust caster instead of camber. I think your biggest limiting factor is going to be the sheet metal on the strut tower top. I didn't like the idea of cutting up my strut towers because I wanted to retain the strength and stiffness of an unmodified tower, but I'm only going for a fairly mild alignment set up and as such don't need a ton of adjustment. People have been talking about increased caster for awhile, but mostly for racing purposes. I was under the impression that you could get close to 10* with adjustable T/C rods but perhaps I'm mistaken.

• 4 years later...

@Kennymonster Bumping old thread - I bought the same bolt in camber plates for my 240z with stock type lowering springs/spring hats. Why is there no longer a thrust bearing (like with the stock upper insulator) needed? Does the stock spring hat only contact the inner part of the spherical bearing? 

Thanks guys!