HybridZ

Attention: New Tokico Gland Nut Info

Some of you may have noticed my wanted post went unanswered. It was proving impossible to find the gland nuts for a 280Z strut tubes to fit Tokico illumina struts (I have the MR2 (BZ-3099) front struts...which come with gland nuts for..well..an MR2. 

Undeterred I did some ferreting. So, for the benefit of everyone.

Tokicos phone number and guy to talk to about part numbers is Ray - 1-800-548-2549

Tokico didn't want to send me any gland nuts, but the did direct me to....Motovicity (which as of yesterday) is now the new Tokico Wholesale Distributor for North America. Their phone number is 1-888-773-3316. They have 1000 on order of the gland nuts, which are about 4-6 weeks out, my car is still awaiting paint so I'm in no rush...

Paul at Motovicity then gave me phone numbers for 3 distributors in Canada, one for the west, middle and Quebec so I end up talking to Eric at Teknotik (1-416-907-3851) who is only too happy to order some for me.

Part number for the gland nut to fit any of these Tokico shocks for a 76-78 Datsun 280Z with 280Z strut tubes. Shocks - HZ-3012, BZ-3012, BZ3013 is...4A16085-A

I ordered several because well..I'm bound to need more at some point. $5.86 Canadian a piece. Will update once I receive them and confirm if they fit!

Hope this helps someone :)

Edited by camerashy

There must be a QC problem at Tokico.

Some things never change. I once ordered front and rear Tokicos for a 240Z. All of the gland nuts were wrong. The dealer replaced the gland nuts.

Thanks for the update.

Edited by Miles

• 4 months later...