HybridZ

Ford v6 ecm on L6

I was pondering the idea of a ecm from a 1996 model ford ranger with a manual trans in a 280zx turbo. I'm pretty sure it would run I'm just not sure about a boosted application and larger injectors. I know a can adapt the 36-1 trigger wheel so why not just use the ecm as well and have on board diagnostics? Anyone been there?

They are tunable. Yes I use megasquirt but my car hasn't ran since February. I was thinking about trying something different where I don't have to modify the ecu itself. I may still incorporate the ms later on. I've done some reading on rangerpowersports.com and the ranger efi system will support boost.

No, like batch fire ECM from an MPFI engine.

The (GM) TBI ECMs were all bank to bank essentially. They fired each injector alternately.

SFI or Batch, the difference is a few wires and a sensor. I don't see any real benefit going SFI, so I haven't, at least not yet. Maybe once I start running extremely large injectors where idle quality becomes an issue I might consider it.