HybridZ

350z quarters and fenders on a 280z ???

Jasonmreiss

Has anyone considered or done this? I know it would take quite a bit of fab work, but not as much as one off sheet metal work. No offense to anyone but I'm not fond of stock body lines and don't care for zg. I've seen the porshe stuff, the bamf stuff, the subtle z stuff. Not for me

Might be worth some photo shop time.  To me just widen the stock rear quarters, Someone on here has posted pics of his great work doing just that.

Makes me remember the pics of some 240SX's, that have 240Z front ends on them.

Edited by dexter72

Like this

9fab6b0a.jpg

Not this

5613629B-C55B-46D9-8401-73D007DB072E-202

See how the body lines work better with the first one? Again, no disrespect to anyone. I simply have my own tastes.

A seemless design, hopefully out of sheet metal, that looks like an original design, not like an after thought

Lol

In my defense, It was owned by a family member of my wife's. We are never getting rid of it. And I've been looking for a car to put a chevy v8 in. Perfect match. And by the looks of a lot of projects on here, many of you also want a different look.

I don't want a 350z. I just want metal flares that fit the body lines. I've seen a few around online. I'm just looking for an easier way of doing the fab work

• 3 weeks later...

I have been considering trying to graft z31 fenders to my 280zx, I have an 86 turbo I am parting, I have no qualms cutting it to bits, so I am going to see what they look like after I cut them and mock up position. Not so much the entire fender, just the wheel well opening for flares.