HybridZ

What air dam is this?

Ham8urger

Xenon 3124 air dam, made of urethane.  I don't imagine you need to do much to fit it to a 280Z, although it's designed as a 240Z air dam.  You can see the empty 240Z turn signal sockets in the air dam -  Xenon makes the same air dam for the 280Z with those filled in, part number 3125.  

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a similar one to this on ebay a while back, except it had scoops that were way too wide to the outside, pretty much in front of the tires. It was pointed in the front like this to follow the same shape as the hood. This is my favorite one I have seen so far, but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Ask and ye shall receive - 

http://www.topstage.com/shopping/

Scroll down to "S30 240z 260z Aerodynamic Front Spoiler". 

Looks like that's very close to the air dam in the picture you posted.  Bad news is that Top Stage is located in Australia, so the shipping would be pretty expensive.  

If I were you, I would buy a Kameari style front air dam in fiberglass, perhaps the MSA type 1, and modify the lip so it protrudes more.  Might be a bit of hassle, or money, but it's doable.  

Thanks, its close but no cigar. The subtleties are what makes that one look so good. The bottom lip + following the angle of the bumper and hood when viewed from above + it sloping the same way as the grill when viewed from the side make it totally match the car. In my opinion none of the other ones look quite right. I've scoured the internet a few times looking for this one with no luck. I can't even remember where I found this picture at, it's been my desktop since I started building my Z. The search continues..,,

• 2 weeks later...

The secon airdam you posted is most likely from Japan. If you look at the Zs from Star Road or Rocky Auto (the Zs with airdam without brake ducts) they have similar airdams.

Edited by yhlz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...