HybridZ

Hazard lights not blinking at the right speed. Hyperactive!

spiff

When I switch on the hazard lights I can hear the relay ticking really fast, and you can see the indicator  lights in the dashboard blink just as fast. Since it's switching so fast back and forth the indicators on the car doesn't really light up. Like the connection doesn't last long enough for the power to fully light up the bulbs...

The speed it's ticking with is approximately the same speed as if one of your indicator lights goes out, or slightly faster. But all my indicator lights work and everything is normal when using the turn signal switch. 

I have tried replacing the hazard light relay but that didn't work, still the same. Then I tested the hazard light switch as the service manual indicates but everything checked out so now I'm at a loss.... 

Has anyone experienced something like this? Where should I start to look?

Just a crazy idea, but maybe you changed the turn signal relay and not the hazard relay? They are two separate items.

Generally a too-fast blinker is caused by in-sufficient load on the circuit like a burned out bulb, but all four blinkers are blinking, right?

Did you recently change some bulbs to LED's?

Edited by z240

No led bulbs, all blinkers are blinking and blinking correct except when switching on hazards. As you say it's acting like when changing to leds.

Did some googling, the hazard relay is the smallest of the two? I think I replaced the bigger one. I bought the relay on ebay as a hazard switch relay so if I've changed the wrong one it's the sellers fault, haha :wink: