HybridZ

No new rule for posting ads

Watson

I feel there should be a new rule to posting items for sale. BE WILLING TO SHIP.

Waiting for weeks to ship and then not even responding to messages is ridiculous. I always do whatever I can to get items out when a payments is sent because I would expect the same from anyone else. If you're too busy to ship items, you shouldn't be selling them. I won't bust out the user, yet, but there needs to be some form of accountability for shipping. Or I could just say this:

Buyer beware, do not send pay pal payments as a gift or for family to avoid charges. You cannot file a claim for that.

This has nothing to do with whether or not the seller was willing to ship, and everything to do with the fact you bought from a deadbeat/scammer.

And of course, NEVER send payment as a gift... even when dealing with well known sellers. There was a member on another forum that had been a member for years, and often had things for sale, mostly wheels, and other euro-specific goods that most of us couldn't get our hands on, since he lived in Poland. No one had had an issue with him. But for whatever reason he scammed one guy out of 2k+ for a set of wheels, and as word got around, he disappeared from every site he posted on. You never know.

Sorry you got scammed. Sucks.

Not following the dodge of 3% in the first place... but there might be a requirement that shipping delay must be stated in the ad.

"Part is on my car, will remove on XX/XX/XXXX, can ship within X weeks afterwards upon confirmation of receipt of funds."

For Group Buys, a solid ship date should be projected. "Once we get the required components into the shop from XXX participants, manufacture will start. All parts will be sent within XX Weeks of completion and receipt of funds."

Crap happens, but keeping people informed of the actual shipping / production status of their  parts doesn't seem to be that big a chore. Even if it's batch manufacture of a random group "XX cores in, XX Completed and XX Shipped"

In the past year, I've had several shipments go by USPS Flat-Rate Box that just simply DISAPPEARED. If felt bad for the eBay seller because he obviously sent them but since I ship to my office, and it's open for mail delivery most every day (if not at our offices, and main floor reception which has a holding locker for days the complex is open and we are not working office hours) "Not Getting Delivery becauses you aren't there" doesn't happen.

I did have ONE package that arrived last October/November from "Burleigh" which was returned because it was a forward to my PO Box. . . Still don't know what it was. 

Sellers need to communicate when things have shipped, so people know to look for them. Having moved to a PO Box because of MAIL THEFT in my neighborhood...well...I just want to know to project when I need to loiter on mail day ya know?