HybridZ

Hawks 3rd gen mounts/headers

I do know the headers are a work of art and work and fit great on 280's. Engine mounts are very clean and set the motor in the correct location. I just had my car corner balanced and aligned and it was virtually 50/50 front to rear

• 3 months later...

280zjake which headers did you end up going with ceramic coated or non? Also I would highly appreciate the link to the exact engine mounts you used from them. I am trying to put together a budget for my 280z that I have prepped and ready for my 5.3 I just purchased. I'd rather go with a motor mount that positions the motor in the best spot possible. 

I recommend that you buy uncoated headers (regardless of which brand you buy), test fit them a million times. Dimple them with a ball-peen hammer as needed for spark plug and steering shaft clearance. Install v-bands on the collector, bend them as needed to clear everything. Completely install you engine and have your exhaust built. Have your O2 sensors welded in with the headers on the car, with an extra bung on each side that is easily accessible for your tuner to put a test lead on while dyno tuning. THEN, take them off and have them coated. You will thank yourself a million times if you really take your time on your exhaust. Coating is wonderful. I have "stainless" headers on my truck (the truck that I paid somebody to swap 1 month ago), and they are already brown and they put off a TON of heat. My little Datsun has 2 years on the ceramic headers and they look new. It is $300 well spent. Be sure to give them a wipe with acetone after you have handled them or the oil from your fingers will leave a tatoo on the ceramic when they heat up.