HybridZ

Mishimoto VS Champion Radiators

Ok so I've narrowed my radiator picks down to these two (FYI, I have a 78 280z bone stock except for header and exhaust...)

Mishimoto 2-Row radiator

http://www.whiteheadperformance.com/products/mishimoto-performance-aluminum-radiator-mmrad-dats-70-datsun-240z-260z-280z/

And...

Champion 3-Row radiator

http://datsunpartsllc.com/cart/index.php?p=product&id=97&parent=7

I know you are probably going to suggest I go with something other than what I've listed... But I'm sorry, it's between THESE TWO that I need help with. Which would you recommend? Which is a better buy for a near stock l28?

i think i paid just under 300 with 2 10" fans for my last car

current cars radiator was bought by a friend when he owned it, so i dont know what he paid,

FWIW

These fans

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380376743400?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

fit IMMACULATELY side by side between the two side bars on the champion,  I have yet to see if they work well,  but they were cheap and i was broke at the time,  lol

Edited by Fuzzydicerule

I have a champion radiator 3 row in my 280 bought off ebay for $211.90 according to my notes. dropped right in. I did email the guy to see if they had any fan shroud kits to fit this with electric fans, but got no response. It was from the 'coolingpros'.  Had to figure something out on my own.

Edited by AZGhost623

I also have a 3 row champion on my turbo zx wth (2) 12" electric fans....the only thing is champion itself will not have a shroud for the fans though....I had to contact a radiator outfit in Tennessee that sells champion radiators and he even said for his life he does not know why they don't offer a shroud for our applications however, he did offer to make me a custom one for a reasonable price..... he even went as far as saying something I already knew, that champion sells a good product However, "their Customer service" Sucks.....I learned that the hard way....

Does the Champion 3 row fit with the stock radiator fan?

Think so . Designed as a replacement . Not sure if it has the same thickness . Highly rec converting to electric fan , will be much better if you have converted A/C system . 

I don't have AC system in the car and I've never hooked up E fans. Where do I wire the electric fans?

You have to add on wires , sensor , and relay . Most fans will come with wiring kits . Make sure to use RELAY , if the kit doesn't have one .