HybridZ

Buying F54 block with N47 head

nsanow

All,

I have a 1971 240Z that I want to swap the L28ET. My end goal is 300-350HP and 300+ lb\ft torque in a super reliable street driving way.  My 240Z is my weekend fun car and is in great shape and running fine with dual weber L24 in it.

I have another local Datsun guy who needs some cash and is selling me this motor set up for $1000.  My thought is to put the engine on a stand and since I have no timeline take my time to go through it and upgrade, repair, etc.  I would love to know if you think this is a good deal and what I should think about for upgrades\repairs.

Here is what I have been told about the engine:

F54 Block (I am thinking I need to upgrade to forged pistons?)

N47 head (is this head adequate?)

new turbo cam (I don't even know where to start on this if this matters or not?)

intake has been bored out to remove any back pressure

larger throttle body. (I think he said it was the 240sx intake but not sure)

New CX Racing intake and all piping

All other components included, disti, starter, etc other than connection into fuel rail

Wiring harness and ECU from 83 Turbo.

My 240Z I already have installed a professionally rebuilt T5 tranny, Arizona Z flywheel, trans and diff mounts and Arizona Z R200 mustache bar, drop downs, etc. I have a new Dual Friction clutch when I did the tranny rebuild.  I have a R200 with 3:90 and replaced all u joints along the way including replaceable u joints in the custom drive shaft. So I think my drivetrain is all ready whenever the swap happens.

I can do any of the mechanical stuff but turbos, and EFI is all brand new to me.  I have a great mechanic to help with what I cannot do but would love anyone's help on if this is a good deal, it seems so.  But also what I should be looking at going through to achieve my goals.