HybridZ

What size triples should I get?

I have a 78 280z. It has a rebuilt L28 with dual round top su carbs. f54 block so flat top pistons w/ p79 head and cam was reground to a stage 3 equivalent less than 4,000 miles. new oil pump and water pump new alternator lightened flywheel.

I have found a set of 40dcoe151 webers.   Would the 40 be enough to see a major improvement or do I need 45 or 50? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning to run triple 40s on my L28. Its standard rebuilt engine

Same block as yours, F54 but running N42 heads

I was told by a guy who races 260z, that 40s are perfect size for L28 and should improve midrange alot.

IF you were gonna run a bigger cam or porting, then you can increase to 45s.. but ultimately, both are fine for a L28

Well I found an old l28 race motor and it has a race prepped E88 head with Nissan l4 race cam.  It had cannon manifold with 40's on it.  It was raced that way back in the 80's and was running on a very high compression motor.  I am putting the head and 40's on my stock f54 with flat top pistons.  Should get me around 10:1 compression. 

• 2 months later...

As others stated, no 50's. Just like any setup, your dont want to over carb your engine. Doing too big of a carb, and choking it down too small can harm performance. A 45 DCOE with 32mm chokes flows less than a 40 DCOE with the same size chokes. A 45 will breathe better at higher rpms. You didnt mention what you plan on using this setup for... Street? Race? Track? Autocross?

post-35613-0-05626100-1414729383_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZGhost623