HybridZ

Help: Inner tie rod installation procedure?

Hello guys. I picked up a new rack for my Z but it came disassembled in pieces. I've got it all ready to go but the fsm is vague on how to install the inner tie rods.

Are you to tighten the inners until the ball/cup washer combo touches the spring?

Do you tighten the assembly until the cup / ball compress the spring and just barely contact the rack itself?

Or is it somewhere in-between?

Thanks for any help!

I never read it in a book but I just put some on an aftermarket rack and I tightened mine until the slack in the joint was gone. If you crank them down the joint will barely move or be completely stuck. Play around with it and you'll see how it works. Starts out loose and the tighter you make it the more slack you take out of the joint.

Thanks JM, I disassembled the old rack and found the inners to be snugged as far down as possible but not tight, they were also the style of innter that is welded together, not the slip over style. I guess I will snug them to the spring so there us no play but they arnt too tight, and run them too see how they do.