HybridZ

Stolen 1971 240z

evilz

Hybrid's  

I had a Z stolen from me years ago before the Internet was popular.  Yes that is your cue to laugh out loud.  But,  It was my pride and joy.  I just recently found the title to the car and thought you Hybrid's could assist in keeping your eye out for it.  

Here is the Vin#: HLS30-52885

This car was stolen from my home in Washington DC.  I saw what may have been the car with either South or North Carolina tags on it but the police could not get there fast enough.   It was Black but the person had painted it Brown or Green with spray paint.  

Anyone with information that leads to the recovery of the car may receive $500 - $1000 reward if I find the car in tact.  

Thanks for the question.  It had the Inki wheels on it.  They look like BBSs.  They were black like the car was but I think the person painted those the same ugly color brown or green.  The back hatch was orange and the rest of the car was black before they stole it.  It had a dented front light.   The engine had KN large circular air filters.   

At the time it was stolen it had just had the engine rebuilt so it was brand spanking new.    But it has been so long since it was stolen that I doubt the car looks anything like it did when I had it.  Its been about 15+ years ago when it was stolen. I found the vin and thought a quick search on the internet may reveal something with the VIN but no.  Oh yes the tag was a VA tag that said BZ-240Z.  Thats about all I have. 

More details?  Year, bumper style, wheels...  There are a lot of brown Z's out there.  There must have been something special about the one you thought was yours.

By the way it was a 72 240z with all standard stuff on it. I tried to keep it stock but with some slight accents like the wheels and exhaust.  The exhaust was custom built but it looked stock.