HybridZ

[WTB] 280zx Axle Nuts

Kirby260

So I need some new axle nuts and I would prefer the 280zx style cone-nut style.

I called Nissan spares here in Australia and they wanted $22 FREAKING DOLLARS (+ TAX) EACH!!!!! for a NUT!

eBay didn't have any listings and there wasn't many other avenues here. Anyway pretty much any US Nissan parts site has them for >$5 + shipping.

All you have to do is choose your favourite Nissan parts retailer, buy 4 of them and ship them to me in Australia.

I will paypal you all the costs + some beer money for your trouble. But the real payment is the warm fuzzies you get from not having Nissan Australia violate me for almost $100 for 4 axle nuts.

And if you ever come to Australia I will also buy you additional beer.

First person to volunteer gets the gig.

Thanks.

Courtesy sounded like a great idea.  But, it looks like shipping gets you no matter where they come from.  PM Tony D, he probably carries some around with him.

I think it's not recommended but maybe you can re-use those nuts.  Maybe.  Used nuts might work, with threadlocker.  I'd do it.

post-8864-0-67216400-1406661833_thumb.png

If I were not on my way to San Diego and totally swamped with prep work, I would be on this in a heart beat. And its not for the beer offer either.  Well, maybe a little....

They are $8.50 from my Nissan dealer. I am just about out and need to put an order in again anyway. Not in a rush are you ?

Oh hell, I'll go home and see if I have four left. If I do, I'm sure I can get an envelope in the mail box before I go....   PM me your address and contact details!

Edited by z240

All good guys, z240 is going to sort me out.

Thanks.

Postal still rules here as far as rates go too..   Canada Post will give me 5-8 business air service to AUS for $40 canuck bucks for this package.

I don't care if it goes by surface, it's not urgent!

But no matter how I cut it it's still cheaper. USPS also do good flat-rate parcels.

No problem doing surface if you like. I think the price was $19ish IIRC. 

But I just can't get the image out of my head of a UPS guy in a row boat with boxes piled in the back, some spilling into the surf, trailing along behind....  Sure you can wait that long?

Nissan promises I'll have your nuts in my hands by the end of the day....

Edited by z240