HybridZ

opinion on cx racing ls1 swap kit

Haniel20,

A majority of the LS swaps on this site were done with a combination of Johns Car's kit ( http://brokenkitty.com/) and Jags that Run LS1 swap parts http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Datsun-Z-LS1-V8_Order.html). Additionally a few have fabricated there own drive train mounting parts, so it really depends on your expertise, money, tools and time. You can not compare the LS swap to the RB swap, or one kit vs the other. You need too talk to someone driving a finish car that use the CXracing kit. The pictures on the website is not enough, especially without headers and other surrounding parts installed. This is HYBRIDZ, you can go with what we know works or step out of the box and try something new.

I just bought a pair of the CX Racing motor mounts so I should be able to report on them in a few weeks. I'm using a TKO600 trans (with a shift relocator from Autoworks) so that's why I didn't also purchase their transmission mount. I'm going to use the JTR T-5 mount and modify as needed to adapt it to the TKO600.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Why not just go with the proven kits? Is it pricing?  How much difference is there? The JCI kit is in cars all over the world and is pretty well issue free now.  Is the extra worry and potential hassle worth saving a couple bucks?

I've had my JCI components in my car for over 10 years now and have not had a single issue with any of their components - and I have them all except the rear transmission mount.

Why not just go with the proven kits? Is it pricing?  How much difference is there? The JCI kit is in cars all over the world and is pretty well issue free now.  Is the extra worry and potential hassle worth saving a couple bucks?

I've had my JCI components in my car for over 10 years now and have not had a single issue with any of their components - and I have them all except the rear transmission mount.

Here's why I didn't go with the JCI mount. In my case, I didn't want to use a T-56 transmission (large size and weight). I wanted to use a TKO600. The JCI mount is fixed and I wanted to have the option of being able to move the engine forward or back a little bit if I needed to. Since I wasn't sure which direction I might need to go, and the CX Racing motor mounts allowed for some fore and aft movement, I went with them. The have a video on YouTube showing an actual installation so I knew that they would at least mount the engine. So, am I exonerated?

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Here's why I didn't go with the JCI mount. In my case, I didn't want to use a T-56 transmission (large size and weight). I wanted to use a TKO600. The JCI mount is fixed and I wanted to have the option of being able to move the engine forward or back a little bit if I needed to. Since I wasn't sure which direction I might need to go, and the CX Racing motor mounts allowed for some fore and aft movement, I went with them. The have a video on YouTube showing an actual installation so I knew that they would at least mount the engine. So, am I exonerated?

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Yeah Mike - I'll let you off the hook this time. :-)

JCI's kit requires drilling for the transmission mount and you need to remove the rear T/C up, but that's it.

I commented on CX Racing's Youtube video that shows their LS1 mount.  The transmission mount they show will not work on a 240z.