HybridZ

I had forgotten how much drum brakes suck

RebekahsZ

Just did a brake job on Rebekahs jeep to get her ready for another year at Auburn. Since swapping the Z to discs, I had lost touch with what a pita drum brakes are. It was like riding a bike, even the cussing and grumbling seemed remotely familiar. Whoever designed those stupid 1/2-turn spring retainers that hold the shoes to the backing plate is a son of Satan. Worked the manual adjusters and went for a test drive/brake bedding session and all is right with the world. Fantasizing about the day I swap from street pads to race pads with the removal of a single cotter pin on my AZC Wilwoods when I prep for Z Nationals track day in October!

Luckily my rear drums were maintained well by the previous owner, however I went and bought new pads for all four corners so I too dread the day I have to change mine out.  Another PITA by the way was pulling that oil pan to change out the o-ring for the pickup tube in the 5.3!!! Barely enough room (had to use the dead blow...) for anything but it's changed and went from 25psi and dropping to zero into the beast it should've been at 50psi at idle :)  I'm a happy camper for now.  

I need a set of wilwoods for mine before I track it.  I need to talk to you about the z nationals.  I can't take a day off but I may be down on saturday to see the newest ls swap in your garage