HybridZ

Sand. Lots of sand in my brand new radiator.

Connor280ZX

It's a long story about how sand got into my engine in the first place, but i don't want to blow another engine up so i have to find some way to get this crap out. 

Check this out...

IMG_1372_zps92111375.jpg

Yeah. I already tried flushing the hell out of everything, which worked as far as the block went, but the radiator, not so much. 

Tried flushing, reverse flushing, and chemical flushing for about three hours. Nothing is working.

I'm looking at two options: 1. Buy a new radiator, or 2. Remove the radiator, turn it upside down and try flushing it with a garden hose.

Any other methods i could try that might be more effective?

Large water filter? There's probably room for one down by the bottom hose.  You'd have to do some research on rates and particle size.

Of course, remove and rinse is the obvious first attempt.  I think that fill and shake might be more effective than turn upside down and flush.  You need to get the sand to one of the openings.  Then it's up to your comfort level wondering if you got all of it out.  Most of the sand will probably settle to the bottom of the radiator anyway.

That looks like normal corrosion/crap from the engine block, not sand. I have some in my new radiator from my crappy VG30 that never saw a coolant flush. I flushed a bunch out but there's still some stuck in there. Not a big deal and unlikely to remove all of it unless you take it to a radiator shop to get it cleaned.

Take the radiator out and take it to a radiator shop.  They will have to take the top and bottom tanks off and rod out the passages to get the sand out of the core.  No other way.  The sand appears to be physically jammed in the tubes and not amount of flushing will get it out.