HybridZ

Good deal for LS1 coil on plug set up?

Kit would include all of the coil gear including the bracket, and the water hose housing to redirect the hose.

I think all I would need is the 36-1 wheel?

Anyway, is $350 decent or too much?

Any insight is greatly appreciated, noob piecing together an eventual turbo swap...

Thanks Lawrence

Lawrence,

New coils (D581) will run 240 bucks 

Coil bracket would run 55 bucks. http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt93862/pd2109473/CUSTOM_L6__INDVIDUAL_COIL_PACK_BRACKET_

The plug wires will run 90 bucks if you get the magnecor wires that fit the bracket to plug length perfectly.

I ended up plugging my water hose outlet and running a T from the lower radiator hose to the heater core.

Now as far as the trigger wheel...  That really depends on what you want to do for the EMS...  I just finished a full sequential build for injection and coils running a megasquirt.  It can easily support a turbo later...

If you decide that you want to run a megasquirt you may want to look at picking up an optical dizzy and the proper oil pump shaft as that is the only way to get the cam trigger easily.  The optical dizzy also has the benefit of having the crank trigger also if you decide to run the DIYAutotune trigger wheel for it so you would not need a crank trigger.  (I have a crank trigger but knowing what I know now I would just do the optical dizzy for both...)

Welcome to the adventure.

It is easier in the long run. One thing to wire up and set vs. mounting the crank trigger wheel and then fabbing a sensor bracket to hold the hall sensor. And then needing an optical dizzy for the cam sensor anyway...

If you do go the way of the optical dizzy you will need the oil pump shaft as well as the Dizzy it is very easy to install the oil pump shaft...

I had an original optical dizzy and then had problems with the electronics in it due to a flaw in the original sensor board and I just bought a reman one as I was out of time to fix the old one...

Good luck with the build and feel free to PM me...

...or you can make a bracket that doesn't involve detouring your heater hose.

Buy d585 coils off if eBay for 15$ each shipped . Buy a stock set of wires for 30$.

Buy a Hall effect sensor for 20$ and then drill a 36-1 pattern in your flywheel.