HybridZ

Nistune daughter boards on ebay from Poland

optimusprime8

It is 60 dollars for the board then you still need the Nistune software to talk to it. The ad says for 220 AUD "205 USD" for the software. My guess is they build these boards based off the original ones.  Something along the lines of reverse engineering it I am not completely sure.  For the extra 120 USD, "I believe", going direct to Nistune would be you best course of action.  If you have any hardware or software issues Nistune is great help. Also if you loose your software key and need it retrieved for you they are very prompt to do so.  I would question that out of a eBay knockoff. Also I have Nistune running on a Z32TT and am very impressed with the software just dont forget to burn to eprom even after your write to the ECU otherwise after you reset your ignition you will not have a tune anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ER34-Z32-Y33-RB25DET-1-78mm-ribbon-Nissan-Universal-Chip-Daughter-Board-ECU-/231012537142?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c96b9336&vxp=mtr

Also side note-  The below text is direct our of there ad and the line "may take tunes with our DaughterBoard" is not very reassuring.

Works with : 200sx S13 redtop and 180SX blacktop SR20DET, Primera P2 SR20DE, BG5, 200SX S14, S14a and S15    SR20DET, Z32, Y33, ER34 RB25DET

ECU’s of all these cars are different, but may take tunes with our DaughterBoard.

Edited by zspeed22

I was thinking for $60 it might be worth a try, the Nistune software has a trial period too, so you could see if it worked before paying.

@newzed, type nistune in Ebay, there are only like six links, half from Poland.

Edited by optimusprime8

This is only a daughterboard to allow the use of eprom chips. It is not the emulator and nistune hardware you may be thinking of. Nistune enables realtime programming. The type 4 nissan boards require odd/even bit sorting on 2 different eproms, and this is an adapter to allow you to write your own tunes to the chips and plug them into the board.

To use this to do anything at all, you will need a chip burner. They reference nistune because technically you could use the software as a means to edit your tunes (though not in realtime). You would make changes to your tune, reburn it to a chip and plug it into the daughterboard and see how it goes.

It is functionally the same as this board available at moates:

http://www.moates.net/nissan-2chip-adapter-p-206.html?cPath=68

Hope no one jumped on this.

• Like 1

on a side note, I may have linked to the wrong daughterboard. Looks like the 64k version that is odd/even is $60 from moates. Not that it's that important, but in case anyone was looking.

PS. You can run nistune without the fancy daughterboard. A consult adapter is available fairly cheap on ebay, and then you can either burn chips to get a decent base tune going, or buy a $175 ostrich and use that to update the maps. I guess it adds up though @ $40 consult adapter, $175 emulator, $20 chipping parts, $200 nistune license. I plan on just using the demo to get my tune going, then take it to a dyne to have a mistune shop finalize it. 

If you're really on a budget though, you could use tunerpro and the edu definitions. you'd have to do a ton of research and understand it all, but you could save some money.