HybridZ

So much for MM axles

• 2 weeks later...

I use one of these clutch slippers, really helps reduce the torque spikes that kill parts... http://grannys.tripod.com/hillbillyclutchslipper2.html

I have a solid axle 8.5" 10 bolt with 28 spline axles, no problem at 700whp with a manual trans and drag radials, 1.308 60'.

It will help your IRS as well.

Here's what happens to my car without the clutch slipper...

twistedshaft.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate to say this because, it might be the kiss of Death. My car is a 76 280Z, I am running the stock stubs with the 300zx turbo cv axles, and MM companion flanges. I have been running my car hard for 12 years at the track ( Drag strip) and killed my share of halfshafts but did go a 9.21 @ 153mph, I switched to cv axle and ended the problem. I have been a 8.67@158mph with a 1.37  60' with this setup. The only problem I had was when I went from a 28X9 M/T slick to a M/T 275/60 Drag Radial Pro. I leave at 3800rpm on the trans brake but with the Radials I snaped both cv axle shafts. I went back to the slicks and still no problems as of yet. This works for me ,so if it not broke don't fix it. Just my two cents. I do have travel limiters on the rearend to keep the axles from getting in a neg angle.