HybridZ

replacement wiring harness?

Anyone out there make a body electrical and ignition wiring harness for the Z? I spoke with wiring specialties, and they will remake the harness if I send it to them. Painless sells a generic that looks pretty good 10102 that they recommended. I got rid of the EFI on my car so I dont need that part of it. What I like about the painless setup is that its all labeled on the wires ever 1ft on what it is so future troubleshooting would be rather easy. I might go the painless route if there isnt any other good alternatives.

Anything else out there that wouldnt be custom, more factory?

Edited by AZGhost623

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully if you go the painless route, you can update :) My poor poor car is in need of electrical love. The PO actually wired in the taillights with a piece of extension cord (the brown two wire type) and wire nuts...WIRE NUTS!!! I havent seen those since I pulled the light switch cover of in my house. 

• 2 months later...

i've done a painless harness, the one you talk about, the 10102, in my 240Z.

There are some tricks in there that I figured out with the stock wiring diagram and the painless directions - they don't always jive - specifically the wiper motor and headlights, and one little thing with the ignition.

I'm still fighting through wiring the alternator correctly, hopefully i haven't ruined it yet.

Once I get it all lined out I plan to do a small write up and post it - in the meantime, good luck!