HybridZ

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Dodge has set the standard

BMAC

It is definitely a porker.  Seems like they've taken the same approach that McDonnell-Douglas did with the Phantom Corsair in that there is no amount of drag that the right amount of horsepower can't overcome [at least that's the way I think the saying goes...]!  Or in this case, amount of tonnage.  I'll take a lightweight any day.

I like it! At the end of the day it is a muscle car not a sports car so who cares about the weight! It has AC, Nav, radio, comfy seats and a damn warranty! I'll keep my Z cars for track use and would def buy this as a daily car. HP is the claim to fame and this car is a true daily use car. Guess most of you wont like the Hellcat Charger too because it is going to be "heavy".

Bigger sized cars are going to be very heavy today, thanks to all the safety regulations. It's the same reason modern cars are so hard to see out of (all the pillars are too big). By way of comparison, the 2015 BMW 550 is 4,300lbs, an Infinity G37 pushes 3,700lbs, a Q50S 3.7 is 3,700lbs, and a Q70 5.6 4,000lbs.

The Challenger us based on the same LX platform as the 300 and the Charger, and is thus a pretty large car. The base Challenger 3.6 weighs 3,800lbs, while the R/T models base weight is 4,100lbs.

And to the question regarding solid axles, the Challenger and its siblings use the Mercedes-Benz W220 S-class control arm front suspension, and the W211 E-Class 5-link rear suspension.