HybridZ

Tuning Datsun 280z Turbo with .MSQ Map

Meguiars

Hi Guys thanx for all the helpon my other posts, so here is another thing im wondering about, what is the correct setup in the TunerStudio for 280z Turbo "81 L28ET.

I loaded in the a setup from Cygnus changed the spark settings and all of that, i took the car out for a ride on Friday an i got it to run pretty good, But i now that it can run a whole lot better.

So here is my questions:

- Should the "Incorporate AFR target" in general setting be set at off?

- I read that since its a turbo car it should only run on Alpha-N on "Primary fuel load" Should it also then be Alpha-N on "Primary Ignition load" ?

- I tryed to set the "Time based Accel enrichment" to TPS Based AE but when i trying to give it some throttle it alsmost die unless i do it really slow if i remember right.

- I also have set the Boost controll on Open Loop just to get the car running with some boost, anyone got some setups for correct closed loop controll?

It seem like im not getting it right with the programming somehow. 

My internals are:

L28Et, Stock P90 Head (Turbo) stock 1981 turbo motor. Wasted spark, Ign6 from DiyAutotune, 36-1 Trigger wheel with VR sensor. 2,5bar map sensor. 240sx Tb, Q45 MAF Nissan maxima ,infinity, New 460CC Denso

Here is link to my .MSQ, feel free to make changes.

Thanx again to you all.

I set mine to incorporate AFR target.  I wouldn't use alpha N, not sure why you wouldn't use speed density.  I've experimented quite a bit with closed loop but have  a decent grid setup with the open loop duty cycles that works well with my actuator. It was much easier to tune with alot less seat time.  Use what works as far as boost control.  The actuator really dictates it all.  Any changes in your actuator physically and you tune your boost map from scratch so getting someones map probably won't help a whole lot.  I would turn off ALL enrichments until you get your base map very solid.  Then use your enrichments to fill in where you have trouble areas such as lift off or roll on of throttle.