HybridZ

Where Can I Buy Watanabe RS Wheels?

Badler

I have searched the internet and this forum and found no clues as to where I MIGHT find some Black (polished or unpolished lip would work) 16x9 and 16x9.5 Watanabe RS wheels.  References on this forum to a "Takumi Project" have links to a long dead website.  I contacted the guy selling Wats on eBay only to be told it will take 6 Months to get the 9.5s :( I am getting a full trim-off repaint and ZG flare install next month. I have my coilovers and adjustable struts ready. I DON'T want to spend five months with an otherwise great looking car and the american racing 14x7s that it came on :P  

Does ANYONE know where I could source a set of Watanabes in the above mentioned sizes in <2 months for <$3000 new (or even <$2000 great condition used)?  Do I just have to give up, settle for Rota RKRs and enjoy a better 17" tire selection? Any tips are appreciated!  Thanks!

I have searched the internet and this forum and found no clues as to where I MIGHT find some Black (polished or unpolished lip would work) 16x9 and 16x9.5 Watanabe RS wheels.  References on this forum to a "Takumi Project" have links to a long dead website.  I contacted the guy selling Wats on eBay only to be told it will take 6 Months to get the 9.5s :( I am getting a full trim-off repaint and ZG flare install next month. I have my coilovers and adjustable struts ready. I DON'T want to spend five months with an otherwise great looking car and the american racing 14x7s that it came on :P

Does ANYONE know where I could source a set of Watanabes in the above mentioned sizes in <2 months for <$3000 new (or even <$2000 great condition used)?  Do I just have to give up, settle for Rota RKRs and enjoy a better 17" tire selection? Any tips are appreciated!  Thanks!

I had the same issue.  Didn't want to wait 4 months for CCW to make me some custom Classics.  Went with the Rota knock offs and I'm very happy with them... For now :wink:

Edited by mxgsfmdpx

Buy from Kiyo, he is the watanabe distributor. I met him in person and is a great guy. In live in LA where he is from and paid half at front and the other half at delivery. Didn't hurt me financially, but he did this with me since I met him and paid cash.. I got 16x9(will be going 16x10, custom) and 16x9.5. I paid $2440 cash. His number is (626)627-3555. He is not the middle man, he is the source in US. It's a 3 month wait. 

Edited by brianZortiz

Kiyo is a great guy, he helped me get the correct lug nuts for my early 70's Wats...which made him jump out of his skin when he saw them (1972 Purchase!)

As Brian said, he's the official source in USA for these rims. Everybody else is going through at least one more level of distribution & handling.

"Good things come to those who wait..."

Edited by Tony D

Come on Tony D, I KNOW you must have a few dozen Wats in your vast hoard :P Sell me some haha.  OK, but I will contact Kiyo, and if I only have to put half down now, I will have more than enough left over to buy some Rotas and then just earn the rest in the meantime. Brian, you wouldn't happen to be selling the 16x9s when your 16x10 come in would you? I'd make you a good deal on them :) then I could run two wats, and two rotas while waiting and pray that nobody notices haha.

Thank you everyone for all the advice :) I found some good sources. Got a lock on 9.5s for the rear. Now the BIG QUESTION do I go with 8.5 or 9 up front? I'll be running 225/50 16 F and 245:50 16 R (cause other sizes are really not available). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to wrap this up TODAY :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...