HybridZ

Phantom Z Sport Wagon Unveiled at Z CON 2014!

Great Job! Z CON Board Members and volumteers! You made it Happen!
Great Show! Great Guests! Great Cars!

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:230]

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:231]

jdm-car-parts.com

post-8156-0-97994000-1407869146_thumb.jpg

post-8156-0-33995700-1407869156_thumb.jpg

Edited by JDM

even tho its a 280z chassis, the bodywork is representing 240z era.. so i think 240z wheels/hubcaps might have been more fitting, as well as no front spoiler just so it looks more "straight off the production line".

or possibly shaved rear side markers, and fender mirrors, but that is just me. =)

even tho its a 280z chassis, the bodywork is representing 240z era.. so i think 240z wheels/hubcaps might have been more fitting, as well as no front spoiler just so it looks more "straight off the production line".

or possibly shaved rear side markers, and fender mirrors, but that is just me. =)

The spoiler is Factory optional spoiler that Matsuo -san designed. This spoiler was mover put on US car nor Japanese domestic model.

Only UK and some European country received this option. As far as wheels go, these are Genuine Nissan optional alum wheels for 1978 280Z Black pearl.

Those are not "Black Pearl" rims, they are standard S30 alloys available from mid 75 (or so)-onwards. They were introduced on the Fairlady Z-E at the Tokyo Motor Show on the new fuel injected model (I don't have my photo archive available, but they may have been on the 260ZG-E 2/2 at the December 1973 Tokyo Motor Show.

My 76 and 77 Fairlady Z both had them, as did many 280Z's in the USA. It was the standard Nissan Factory Alloy worldwide for the later model S30 (and domestic S31's), and was on 79ZX's as well.

Edited by Tony D

Those are not "Black Pearl" rims, they are standard S30 alloys available from mid 75 (or so)-onwards. They were introduced on the Fairlady Z-E at the Tokyo Motor Show on the new fuel injected model (I don't have my photo archive available, but they may have been on the 260ZG-E 2/2 at the December 1973 Tokyo Motor Show.

My 76 and 77 Fairlady Z both had them, as did many 280Z's in the USA. It was the standard Nissan Factory Alloy worldwide for the later model S30 (and domestic S31's), and was on 79ZX's as well.

I know, I am from Japan. For US market, these rims were offered as optional wheels for Black pearl. Black pearl came standard with regular steel wheels with hub caps. Yes these wheels were available in Asia back in 1975-78.