HybridZ

240z On Velocity Channel Friday 8/15@9P.M.et.

mr_han_solo

Just noticed that the Velocity channel show "Garage Squad" will be airing a Datsun episode tomorrow night at 9 P.M. Eastern. Here is the synopsis:

"Jason is a motorcycle mechanic with a big car problem. He owns a rare Datsun 240z, number 89 off the line with serious problems under the hood and in the interior. Can the Garage Squad team help this owner get his beloved Datsun back on the road?"

Just thought I would post this to let everyone know so they can watch/DVR it.

Edit: Just noticed that the title shows 9/14, this should be 8/15. Hopefully a mod can fix this.

Edited by mr_han_solo

Just watched it - pretty cool episode.  They pack so much action into only 30 minutes they have to skip a lot of details however.  I wonder if there's a parts list somewhere?  I'd like to find out what model Magnaflow muffler that is.

Nice to see a TV show about fixing up an import.  

Just watched it - pretty cool episode. They pack so much action into only 30 minutes they have to skip a lot of details however. I wonder if there's a parts list somewhere? I'd like to find out what model Magnaflow muffler that is.

Nice to see a TV show about fixing up an import.

There's a British show on Velocity called "Wheeler Dealers." They mainly fix up European vehicles for a small profit. It's definitely one of my favorite shows on there.

There's a British show on Velocity called "Wheeler Dealers." They mainly fix up European vehicles for a small profit. It's definitely one of my favorite shows on there.

That "small profit" would often be a "large loss" if the Wheeler Dealers ever factored in the value of the "free" labor that goes into each car they fix up.

Dennis

The BS about the early car having a different offset annoys me. That and the talking up how the strut bar made the car handle so much better. Otherwise pretty mild build, nice to see someone tackle a car that isn't one of the 12 domestic models that overhauling rotates through.