HybridZ

couple of quick vids testing out my GoPro

dreco

I have a gopro and it is great when put inside the car with the vented rear cover. But all I get is wind noise when put outside the car. If I put the sealed cover on the back, I get no sound at all! What to do? I'm doing some events soon and I don't know how to get good "vroom, vroom" noises with an exterior video-any suggestions? I need good engine sounds at 150mph with the camera mounted on the roof.

I have a gopro and it is great when put inside the car with the vented rear cover. But all I get is wind noise when put outside the car. If I put the sealed cover on the back, I get no sound at all! What to do? I'm doing some events soon and I don't know how to get good "vroom, vroom" noises with an exterior video-any suggestions? I need good engine sounds at 150mph with the camera mounted on the roof.

You could get a separate mic and recorder and sync the video and audio together after, but that might be a bit too much editing for some people.

Plug a microphone in it with long cable. Then run Mic to back of the car. I did this with my old motor and it was the best sounding L6 ever! I mounted it by my tail light Edited by dreco
  • Like 1

Those drone videos are awesome. There were a metric shit ton of cars there.

yes, that is the Car Mecca that is Dallas Cars and Coffee.  We (Classic BMW) hold this the first Saturday of every month.  We get about 600-700 cars, not including whats parked in spectator. 

Man, the roads look so pristine over there...

I see the Zs are in the same general area they were back when I went to one in 2012ish...

upon closer inspection they're not all that great.  They are when brand new, but we get a lot of ground movement in Dallas, so no blacktop.  It's all concrete. The slabs lift up at the seams on regular streets.  That being said, the tollways and on ramps are nice.