HybridZ

Tire stretching input

12doplumbing

It's not his car, it's his son's.  Notice the tow hook, and the 2" ground clearance.  It's a parking lot poser.  Stretch is in these days.  The most painful part of the whole experience will be the single touch of a curb taking the shine off of a new Diamond Racing wheel.  But, kids need their space, to learn in.

Here is the proper site, with some choice examples of what could be - 

http://www.stancenation.com/2013/12/30/one-mean-s15-takashi-kusunokis-silvia-s15/

http://www.stancenation.com/2014/08/10/royal-fitment-invasion-photo-coverage/

http://www.stancenation.com/

Here's a 185/50/16 on 16x7.5, with technique.  And they report fail fail ... not even stretch.

Seriously though, it's surprising what will come up on Google if you just search the size, like 185/50/16 on 16x8.

Edited by NewZed

I put 195's on 8" rims when I shipped my car from Japan in 89... Had to bind the tread with a cargo strap to seat the beads.

Figured the setup looked so crappy nobody would want to steal them.

I was right. Everybody that saw the car commented on how stupid the wheels looked. Driving to the port some guys in a new R32 GTR eyed me in a flared, turboed S30 with a set of (I guess now referred to as...) stretched 195's on 14x8's in wheel wells made for 295's on 14x13's driving to the port remarking "bakariu gaijin"... It was really east to roast 'em. I think those rims and tires are actually still mounted... I only used it as a way to move the car and bring an extra set of JDM Alloys back...

I guess someone saw it and the seed took. Sorry guys!

I put 195's on 8" rims when I shipped my car from Japan in 89... Had to bind the tread with a cargo strap to seat the beads.

Figured the setup looked so crappy nobody would want to steal them.

I was right. Everybody that saw the car commented on how stupid the wheels looked. Driving to the port some guys in a new R32 GTR eyed me in a flared, turboed S30 with a set of (I guess now referred to as...) stretched 195's on 14x8's in wheel wells made for 295's on 14x13's driving to the port remarking "bakariu gaijin"... It was really east to roast 'em. I think those rims and tires are actually still mounted... I only used it as a way to move the car and bring an extra set of JDM Alloys back...

I guess someone saw it and the seed took. Sorry guys!

Thanks a heck of a lot.  And I just cannot un-see that S15 now, -15 camber, OUCH!

Here's a 185/50/16 on 16x7.5, with technique.  And they report fail fail ... not even stretch.

Seriously though, it's surprising what will come up on Google if you just search the size, like 185/50/16 on 16x8.

The one that came up next was even more entertaining LOL...

It isn't supposed to be safe, like the manufacturer designed it to be. It is supposed to be "aggressive".  If you love your son you will put some rubber on those wheels, he will get over his friends not thinking he's cool... I mean, they can't even buy clothes that fit so........

I remember a few of OP's previous threads. His 15 year old son is building a 240z drift car with a turbo and a welded diff... and stretched tires. This is not going to end well. I think it's time OP steps in and points his kid in the right direction. There's a difference between letting your kid get his hands dirty and learn on his own, and letting your kid build a car he's going to hurt/kill himself in.

Am I seeing right, or is The Mighty Boosh there in the second video mounting to the safety bead in the rim, and NOT fully mounting to proper rim mounting bead seat?

That looks....safe....uh..."NOT!"

Wasn't the mighty boosh the same guy that lived in the closet on  the IT Crowd?