HybridZ

RB25det lower harness questions

ZachDaaron

I bought a wiring specialties "complete" harness and I have connected almost everything up, but I have run into a wall and it seems that there are very few threads mentioning using the wiring specialties harness. My main over-all concern is the stock rb25det lower wire harness doesn't plug into the new wiring specialties harness and before I go and start removing wires from it, I wanted to be sure that the only wires I will need from it will be the alternator and starter power wires.

The wiring specialties harness does have some of the plugs that are on the lower harness such as alternator signal, oil press, and knock sensors, but does not include transmission speed, neutral, and reverse sensors, alternator power, or starter and starter solenoid power. 

The RB25det transmission has 3 plugs on it; speed, neutral, and reverse and I know the speed sensor wont be used since our speedos are mechanical, but as far as neutral and reverse I am not sure if they would need to be used. the reverse would control the reverse lights so that will probably need sliced into the Z harness?

The neutral signal is not needed and the reverse doesn't go into the ECU. You can use the lower harness from your current car, just swap over the alternator plug with the one for the RB. The mid harness on the RB has the oil pressure and knock. Just leave the oil pressure unhooked and thread the Z oil pressure sensor into the RB and plug it in with the Z wiring. I always said, lower harness comes from the car, not the motor.

The neutral signal is not needed and the reverse doesn't go into the ECU. You can use the lower harness from your current car, just swap over the alternator plug with the one for the RB. The mid harness on the RB has the oil pressure and knock. Just leave the oil pressure unhooked and thread the Z oil pressure sensor into the RB and plug it in with the Z wiring. I always said, lower harness comes from the car, not the motor.

Ditto on this, also keep in mind about the external regulator as well too.  There's quite a few write up's on how to get rid of it, since you'll be using the RB alternator