HybridZ

Site Outage

RTz

• Administrators

All,

Our host had a major crash. The good news is that they were back on line shortly. The bad news is that we've rolled back a couple weeks, losing all of our most recent data. SuperDan pays for daily back-ups so this shouldn't have happened, but unfortuantly it has. He is currently pursuing action with the host but the end result will likely be the same - lost data. That said, you all have our sincerest appologeis for the inconvinence and I can assure you that Dan is taking steps to keep this from happening again.

Again, sorry.

HybridZ Staff

How unfortunate about the loss of recent posts.  I'll bet we lost at least a hundred useless "What tire size", "What backspacing", and "What Color should I paint this" topics. 

I lost uploaded pictures, project updates, for sale threads, and PM conversations about some high dollar sales.

We need a sub-forum for useless, non-technical crap to go in.

There is, it's called Non Tech board and the Tool Shed.

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

How unfortunate about the loss of recent posts.  I'll bet we lost at least a hundred useless "What tire size", "What backspacing", and "What Color should I paint this" topics. 

We need a sub-forum for useless, non-technical crap to go in.

There was an interesting discussion on rear control arms that I was kinda hoping you'd chime in on. Hopefully Dan is able to recover all the lost info.

• Administrators

There was an interesting discussion on rear control arms that I was kinda hoping you'd chime in on. Hopefully Dan is able to recover all the lost info.

Not a chance.

Our hosting company failed to restore or retain the daily incremental backups that we pay for. 

A restore from a week ago is the best we got. I am little more happy about that than we they originally told me the only back they had was from a month ago.  :angry:

What we lost was.

1 weeks worth of forum posts, pm's, new user registrations etc.

1 month of uploaded files like pictures, attachments etc.

Not a chance.

Our hosting company failed to restore or retain the daily incremental backups that we pay for. 

A restore from a week ago is the best we got. I am little more happy about that than we they originally told me the only back they had was from a month ago.  :angry:

What we lost was.

Lemme guess - I'll bet they didn't give your money back either.

SuperDan, on 08 Sept 2014 - 1:07 PM, said:

Not a chance.

What we lost was.

Is the hosting company going to do the daily backups or will you have to find another hosting source?

• Administrators

Is the hosting company going to do the daily backups or will you have to find another hosting source?

Well, they are supposed to be doing it now but I do not and will not trust anyone else again to handle it.

I am doing them my self now and doing it the right way, changes backed up every 15 minuets with an infinite retention period.

Ill never let someone do this to us again.

Oh man....I had a really cool thread going for "Show me your valve caps".  All that work for nothing....way to go, HybridZ.

:lol:

Ditto what everyone else said....thx to the entire HBZ staff for keeping this site going.  It's one of those thankless jobs that no one ever says anything about until the (rare) times when something goes wrong.  Kudos, guys (and gals...don't mean to exclude anyone!)