HybridZ

Rocker Arms - State of the situation

NewZed

I tried to have them do rockers for me, but they never could get it together. I had a five-gallon bucket of them to have done, ended up having Delta Camshaft do them and I kept a few sets, sold the rest. Maybe these days they are ready to do the job?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Madkaw, have you gotten your rockers done yet?  If so, what path did you end up taking with them?  

I am in the process of rebuilding my engine, and doing a cam switch in the process.  The rockers seem to be one of the less simple choices, since there are so few good options available.  I'm a little torn between attempting to resurface a spare set myself with Norm's method*, or sending them off to Delta.  

*link:  http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/88884-directions-how-resurface-rocker-arms.html#/forumsite/20721/topics/88884

• 3 weeks later...

I have a solid regrind cam and rockers from Delta. I followed proper installation guide lines, per the Datsun engine rebuild book. I used the red snake assembly lube. I never used conventional oil to run in the engine. I only use AMS oil 30 wt synthetic. My cam and rockers look fine, and its more than 10k miles now.

The guys at Delta were great, and full of all kinds of information. Boy am I glad they are local for me!!!