HybridZ

So what's the market like these days for a 240?

Dalton

So I sold my 260 I got from JSM a few years ago and bought a old AMG Mercedes. The Z bug is back again and I miss my old car and decided I wanted another Z.

Pretty much I'm looking for a good running 240Z I'd prefer it to be mostly stock or slightly modified. I'm looking for a carb car that I can put a decent motor in along with triples.

Can I get what I want for 5-7k these days? When I got my 260 and ultimately sold it they were much cheaper then. I'm not exactly ready to buy just yet and I'm trying to find out what's changed in the Z world and where things stand on pricing for a good driver car. A/C is a must, it doesn't have to work as long as all the parts are there. As far as rust goes, I'm okay with surface rust. I just don't want to have to replace panels. My AMG is already a rust bucket, I don't need another.

Thanks guys, you've always been great.

Edited by Dalton

All S30s have rust. The question is, how much. Here in SoCal 5 to 7k will get you a good driver with no AC and some rust in the floor pans.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm not looking for a rust free car. I just don't want something I'm going to have to gut to fix.

Check this site and take a dose on the Z reality today>>> https://www.vintagewheels.com/search/?query=1969-78+Datsun+Z&ref=hp_cat     :o 

30k for a Z? What are these people on?

Thanks for sharing Vintage Wheels. I work for the site. We just launched last week so we're happy to see people using the site to check out cars. Yes, some of the prices are a little high, but you can narrow down your search by price. Here is a search for Z's that cost less that 12K: https://vintagewheels.com/r/1qP3Vzl

You can also make an account and get new listings sent to your inbox. If you have any questions. Let me know. Thanks. 

Thanks for sharing Vintage Wheels. I work for the site. We just launched last week so we're happy to see people using the site to check out cars. Yes, some of the prices are a little high, but you can narrow down your search by price. Here is a search for Z's that cost less that 12K: https://vintagewheels.com/r/1qP3Vzl

You can also make an account and get new listings sent to your inbox. If you have any questions. Let me know. Thanks. 

Thanks for the resource, found a couple that were what I'm looking for.

A 280Z 2+2 for 10k. What a deal.

Edit: And an E30 M3 for 250k USD. E30s, especially M3s have gone up in price... but not that much.

This. Even at 30k I don't see it being worth the money, its the same with people wanting 20k for a 100k+ mile E46 M3. You can get a decent E39 M5 or a W211 E55 for that price.

• 2 weeks later...