HybridZ

OS Giken twin cam 4 valve head

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that claim about the crank wobble discovery in print before as well. I think you see those kinds of things because legends build up around these certain moments in history, and there are larger than life things happening to larger than life persons. People tend to attribute anything that was above average to someone they already know, becaue it seems probable to them that it happened that way. It sort of reminds me of this cult of Leonardo DaVinci that has sprung up since the DaVinci Code came out: people are trying so hard to link things to him that may or may not have anything to do with him. Yeah the guy was great, but he wasn't the only non-caveman alive at the time. I'd say Edison or Tesla is another one of those historical figures, but I digress a little bit...The BRE legends feel the same way to me. I've heard one also that I don't know if it's possible to verify, that they invented the front spook, or at least coined the term "spook" as a contraction/bastardization of "spoiler" and "duct" as a way through a loophole in the race rules that didn't allow brake ducts, but did allow spoilers (something to that effect anyway, the specifics elude me). I think it's great to have resources on Hybridz and other places that are able to cut through the nonsense and give some real impressions of these things. As for how you would do a real comparison, I'd say take a complete "as intended" LY engine assembly and put it next to whatever was current in the lineup at the time of its release. I'm assuming it was a race only works type option, right? At this point in time, I don't know how you would set that test up, but I'd bet that Nissan had to have done it back then. How do you think an LY head would rate next to that non-crossflow "safari" head you posted awhile back?

• 2 weeks later...