HybridZ

Twin cam head for the L6 from Derek at Datsunworks

Derek

If you guys are looking for a cam sensor I used a Volvo 850 cam sensor on top of a stock distributor. Ground the top of the distributor down flat, ground off the vacuum advance boss,welded up the vacuum advance hole & attached a single window reluctor from a VW/Audi 1.8 or 2.8 to the old distributor shaft with mechanical advance removed. I actually used the end of the VW cam cut off, Drilled & tapped then screwed directly on the distributor shaft. The Volvo cam sensor fits perfectly in the inside diameter of the distributor.

Here is the only pic I have on me but you can see the pickup,on the distributor. post-41676-0-70815000-1453086150_thumb.jpeg

Well it looks even better in person!

20170707040932-e5738218-me.jpg

The acorn hold down nuts are a little small. I'm going to have to work on that. 

20170707040922-1d0be40a-me.jpg

I'm really happy with the quality of the powder coating. Ivan at http://www.powder-coated.com/ did an amazing job. Fast turnaround and great communication. 

Well now that I have it back I can measure up and order the plug wires.

Getting down to the nitty gritty at this point.

Edited by Derek

speechless

Ya know what would be cool?  There was a guy (monzter) a few years ago that did a gorgeous turbo intake plenum for a "regular" L6 head with ITBs.  Also done up in CAD with flow models and everything - I'll bet it wouldn't be too big a stretch to take that design, mirror it and adapt the intake runners for this head...

Just sayin... :mrgreen:

Ya know what would be cool? There was a guy (monzter) a few years ago that did a gorgeous turbo intake plenum for a "regular" L6 head with ITBs. Also done up in CAD with flow models and everything - I'll bet it wouldn't be too big a stretch to take that design, mirror it and adapt the intake runners for this head...

Just sayin... :mrgreen:

Or base it off a performance plenum from a K20 head....

Got my plug wires from Magnecore. Great work as usual.

20170707040958-69499309-me.jpg

Made some custom looms out of grey type 1 pvc.

20170707040943-b1837895-me.jpg

20170707041002-97200de1-me.jpg

The EDIS coil mounts up under the front intake manifold so for the most part it should be hidden.

Edited by Derek

Camshafts are in the house!

Or rather the shop.

They look great and everything measures out.

20170707041014-d33f9d8b-me.jpg

20170707041018-77dcc52f-me.jpg

I stripped the rockers from the towers and mounted the cams up in the head. It was snug but I could turn them. Not by hand but with a wrench on the flats it moved very easily. This was a big concern of mine from the beginning but I think it's going to be ok. Now I can start on the cam gear adapters. 

Edited by Derek