HybridZ

Rescue 2000 Roadster

Bowtiez

l have taken my Supercharged V8 260Z as far as I want to go and kind of bored.  I found a Datsun 2000 that was going to the crusher. 

The engine is incomplete and very expensive to buy parts.  The transmission is a good five speed.  Will a 280Z motor bolt to that transmission?   Have also been thinking about putting a JDM 240SX turbo in it if I have to start from scratch.  This will not be a street driven car.

If you have a 67 1/2 2L it is rare and valuable. If all the parts are not there they are available, you just have to get connected to the Datsun 311 crowd the parts are expensive. Rarity causes that, supply and demand. Now if you just have a more common 1600 tall window that would be a much less rare car to do an engine swap into and kits are available. Modern motors are sweet in a Roadster. Matter of fact I think the best of show award at the 30 th. annual Mt. Shasta Roadster show came from Arkansas. If you are set on doing a modern motor swap, you could possibly trade a 67 1/2 for a more common 1600 and come out with some cash for a swap. Just my 2 cents worth.